My brother gave me this recipe when I was about 15. I don’t know where he got it from, but it makes the BEST chewy American-style chocolate chip cookies ever!
I baked some for my students today (as our let’s-try-to-make-rocky-road-in-the-oven experiment failed dismally) and they loved them. Everyone always does :)
Marc’s Choc-chip Cookies
- Cream 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- Add 1 egg, 100g choc bits and a dash of vanilla.
- Sift in 1 cup + 2 tbsp plain flour and 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- Roll into small balls and place on the a greased baking tray with a decent amount of spreadng space (they expand quite a bit when cooking).
- Bake @ 180C for about 10 minutes. When removed from the oven the cookies should be slightly golden around the edges, but still soft in the middle. When cooled they are firmer and deliciously chewy!