Inspired by my mum and guaranteed to feel you feel loved, this is not quite a soup, not quite pasta, and not quite a stew, but a very soothing and delicious fusion of the three. A fantastic way to use up an old roast/bbq chicken.
- If using a leftover chicken, remove any meat from the bones and make a stock using the carcass.
- In a large saucepan, gently saute a diced onion, some diced carrot and any other vegetables on hand in some olive oil until softened.
- Add chicken stock to fill the saucepan roughly 2 inches deep and bring to a simmer.
- Add in some small pasta; I used hearts <3
- Simmer gently until pasta is nearly cooked.
- Add a handful of peas, the diced cooked chicken meat, adjust seasoning and reduce slightly.
- Serve with extra virgin olive oil and some grated parmesan.