This brittle is simple and makes lovely gifts, especially at Christmas time. It can be eaten on it’s own (omnomnom) or crushed and sprinkled over ice-creram (arghlghlghll). This amount makes about 6 little goody bags of deliciousness.
- Toast 1 cup of flaked almonds until golden.
- Set aside and mix with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and the finely grated rind of 1 lemon.
- Melt 1 cup caster sugar over medium heat until melted, smooth and the colour of golden syrup.
- Quickly stir in 50g salted butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence and the flaked almonds.
- Pour onto a non-stick or greased tray and leave to cool.