I began this dish thinking I was going to make spanokopita. But having no filo pastry, I added a few eggs to turn it into a frittata. I also decided to throw in some thinly sliced pumpkin to bulk it up and a few slices of jamon because, well pork products make everything better. Obviously you could leave it out if you wanted to keep it vegetarian.
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 2 slices of jamon, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 300g pumpkin, sliced no thicker than 5mm
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Line a 21cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Microwave the pumpkin slices for 3 minutes or until just tender.
- Mix everything together and pour into the baking tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Turn out and leave to cool before cutting into wedges.
This would be a great dish to serve as party food or take to a picnic. I’ll be eating it for quick breakfasts at work this week!